1. I’ve been doing a lot of Fitnessblender.com workouts from home since I live in what could optimistically be called a “Winter Wonderland” and more realistically be called “The worst winter I’ve ever dealt with and I grew up in friggin’ Rochester New York so that’s really saying something”. These two Tabata style weight lifting workouts consistently leave me crazy sore. They are my favorite I’ve found thus far. Do any readers here use fitnessblender.com? If so what videos do you like? I’m also open to any fitness or workout videos streaming on netflix or amazon prime. It is so much nicer not having to walk to the gym in this weather!
2. Three exciting things coming up next week! I have Stitch Fix #2 scheduled for Thursday, and in the land of TV, The Walking Dead comes back Sunday, and House of Cards is here on Valentine’s Day! J. and I absolutely love HoC, and I can guarantee we’ll be spending Friday watching as much of it as we can get through before falling asleep!
3. To motivate myself to actually get work done around the house I’ve been taking my new computer into whatever room I’m in and pulling up stand up comedy routines to listen to while I do chores. It really helps me to have something to laugh about while I do work–and stand up is perfect for that, as you can just listen and enjoy and don’t need to watch the screen. I’ve listened to Louis CK’s Oh My God (I’ve documented my love of Louis CK here) and I’ve got some Aziz Ansari to get to as well. I’d love recommendations for comedy shows, if anyone has any!
4. There’s a new microbrewery/restaurant that looks like it’s about to open any second now around the corner from my place. And, it was just announced that a Pockets (a small local chain that focuses on healthy stuffed pitas and salads) is going in a long-time vacant storefront a few blocks away from me as well. Yay for new businesses in the ‘hood!
5. I’ve got a new Craftsy.com class waiting for me! It’s called “A Modern Take on the Mother Sauces” about cooking the traditional French sauces. I absolutely loved my Perfect Pizza at Home course and I can’t wait to start this new one!
Hope you all have a great weekend!